UI Designer → UX Designer → Lead UX Designer
MCNA Dental (Now Adaxa Technologies)
As Lead UX Designer
- Responsible for designing and developing beautiful and engaging user experiences for websites and business applications, leveraging knowledge of best practices, trends in the industry, and design intuition.
- Asked to support the Development, Engineering, Product Management and other teams when User Experience design and User Interface design is needed.
- Expected to take ownership of all facets of User Interface (UI) and User Experience (UX) for various business products, to collaborate with and mentor other UI and/or UX Designers on the team and to delegate UI, UX and Front-End Development tasks to other designers as applicable.
- Responsible for quality control of all UI/UX projects across the team, as well as working to maintain and improve processes and standards.
- Creativity, flexibility, attention to detail, the desire for continual growth and improvement and strong time management is expected.
As UX Designer
- Use advanced knowledge of user-centric design technique and design software to create innovative, intuitive, and scalable user experiences for business needs as requested.
- Initiate, suggest, and spearhead major UI refactoring to produce the best possible UX for intended audiences.
- Stringently analyze complex workflows and incorporate business model goals to design elegant, efficient solutions.
- Design and enforce usability test protocols, testing sessions, and act as a user advocate during development process, subjecting early-stage designs to usability testing or expert review.
- Offer implementation suggestions from a user-centered perspective.
- Develop and maintain UX/UI best practices, define and improve quality standards, and act as a “go-to” expert for in-depth knowledge of UX/UI best practices and standards, while using research-related services, theories, trends in the industry & proven methods to support recommendations.
- Leverage simulation, prototyping and collaboration tools (Invision, etc.) for continual optimization during the research, design and development lifecycle.
- Stay current with industry best practices and trends and actively pursue continual education to improve skillset.
- Develop wireframes, behavioral specifications and personas.
- Use advanced experience with the UXD best practices for mobile-optimized (responsive) websites & applications.
- Accommodate for cross-browser compatibility & fallbacks for older browsers.
- Understand the software development process, including the important, perpetual role of user experience and user interface design as it relates to the software lifecycle.
- Understand methods of server-side programming (PHP, Node.js, Ruby/Rails, Lisp, etc.)
- Use GIT - Version Control System.
As UI Designer
- Translate directives from Director of Creative Services in order to execute tasks originating from the company’s Executive Leadership Team. Responsible for wireframe development, heavy interactive prototyping and full web development.
- Design brand concepts for company’s future ventures.
- Design, develop and maintain Dentaland.net.
- Develop concepts and present changes to MCNA.net.
- Remain available for special web development projects.
- Design and develop user friendly systems to benefit company internally.